Jun 9, 2020
- Jun 11, 2020
FREE ONLINE TRAINING & EXAM PREP!
Tuesday, June 9 - Thursday, June 11, 2020, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
via Zoom Conference Call
Mail Design Professional (MDP) Certification
Greater Charlotte PCC will host a Mailpiece Design Professional (MDP) certification course approved by the U.S. Postal Service.
The FREE TRAINING takes an estimated 12 hours for full completion which will be spread across three afternoons, June 9 – 11, 2020, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
If you would like to become a certified Mail Design Professional, successful completion of the exam is required. You can sign up to take the exam when you register. The current exam fee is $95.
There is no time limit for the completion of the exam and the certification is good for a two-year period once you have successfully completed the 100 question exam at 80% proficiency. Once a student is enrolled, a hard copy of the exam, answer sheet, directions, and a privacy statement letter will be mailed to you.
We will mail successful students a certificate of completion.
This course is ideal for those who wish to maximize their proficiency in designing letter-size and flat-size mail to meet USPS® standards and obtain certification as a Mail Design Professional.
The course includes:
- Postal addressing standards
- Classes of mail and processing categories
- Intelligent Mail® and package barcode format and print specifications
- Designing automation letters and flats (tabbing, polywrap, deflection, flexibility, etc.)
- Reply mail (Business, Courtesy, Meter, Permit Reply and Merchandise Return Service)
- Address Information products and Move Update
- Learners will also receive information on design standards for:
- Customized Market Mail
- Repositionable Notes
- Election Mail Logos
- Privately Printed Labels
- Reusable Envelopes